We recently heard from Elizabeth in Bethel, Connecticut. She writes, "I love low-rise pants because I am a petite woman with an excellent body, and yes, a very slim waist that I like to show. So I always wear thongs but my current boyfriend insists that thongs are only for teenagers (I am 43). Is he right?"
He is right because he probably lives in the 70s. Today, he is absolutely wrong and has no right to comment on things that he has no clue about. American women have come a long way when it comes to lingerie. No more dull-looking, plain white lingerie for them. And as far as our research shows, thongs are popular not only with women of any age, even men are choosing thongs.
Here are a few more tips when shopping for thongs:
- Always buy the highest quality fabric. If your skin is sensitive to certain fabrics, avoid them. Most lingerie shopping websites will mention the fabric.
- It is good to have a bundle of thongs that match with your low-rise pants. It is far more acceptable if your white thongs show through your white low-rise pants versus black thongs peeking through white.
- Attractive designs (particularly with embroidery) are far better than the basic plain ones. So that even if you do show it, others will know that you have a fine taste in lingerie.
Tips on wearing low-rise pants:
- Always make sure that your thongs don't show before you get out of the house (bend over and take a look or ask someone else to tell you).
- Avoid being in situations where you are likely to show your underwear. So try not to bend, if possible, and make it short, if absolutely necessary.
Recommended article: Brazilian bikini wax
Photo courtesy: Malias Gideon (Used under Creative commons license)