Enjoy spa at home,
for spa-at-home (Read first if you are new
The instruments: your hands
You can use many gadgets (or
massagers) to give a massage, but nothing can substitute your hands. Just the touch is relaxing. If you have any objects to help during the massage you may use them, but your hands should be the primary tool.
The oilIf you want a more
intimate experience you can substitute the regular oils for edible oils. Popular pop-icon
Jessica Simpson has a new line for this type of treats called the "Dessert," and of course, there are many other brands (and flavors) to choose from. If you use these substances during the massage, you will use hands and
massage oil has one main purpose: to make it easy for your hands to move on the receiver's body. The viscosity of the oil is a matter of personal preference, but most people like to use
a light oil. You can either indulge in a very high quality
massage oil with essential oils or use pure almond, apricot or
grape-seed oil. If you buy massage oil, try to select one without mineral oil to keep everything natural.
If you are going to use an oil mixture with essential oils, try to select a fragrance that both of you will enjoy. Generally speaking the classic fragrance of the citruses, peppermint or lavender are liked by most people. Try to avoid sweet fragrances because even though you may think the fragrance is soft, once you are in a room with closed windows, the aroma intensifies. Do not forget that men and women like totally different fragrances. In addition to that, there are personal preferences and allergies to consider as well.
(Related article: Massage
options for couples)
We do not intend to turn you into a
massage therapist, but here are the general principles of the
- Always follow the path to the heart. By this we mean: massage in the direction to the heart, or in other words, contrary to the circulation.
- Avoid massaging over bones and skin that has cuts,
acne or other skin conditions
- You and your partner should determine the optimum pressure. It is better to apply less pressure than too much. It is a good idea to increase the pressure slowly and ask your partner to tell you when it is too much.
- Massage longer in the area of larger muscles, such as the back and the legs.
- Avoid the stomach area, if you are a beginner. If you really want to massage this area, always do it by applying circular movements in a clockwise direction.
- Do not forget to massage some of the most sensitive areas such as the hands, feet and inner thighs.
- If you are a beginner, avoid the face.
Voila! You are ready to treat some one to a special massage.
Related articles: Relaxation techniques for couples
Aromatherapy for couples
or make love
at home A
day of spa treatments for couples/family
Spa plan for couples
to have a great night with your partner?