A lot of women all over the world, especially in Asia (since their bodies are similar to bodies of Asian girls), are constantly trying to figure out how Japanese women can have and maintain their proportionate bodies. Japanese women seem to have a unique approach to maintaining their bodies in shape and their fitness programs are somewhat different from those followed in America. This issue has been addressed in several articles in the past on Health, Beauty & Fitness channel, but we asked Eimi Graham, our contributor who lives in Tokyo, to investigate the secrets of lose weight. This cannot be over-emphasized. If you are overweight, there is no way you can get the proportionate body that you are looking for.
- To get your waist in shape, do crunches and twist your waist around - like doing hula hoops. This will help burn the fat around the waist.
- To get your hips in shape, try moving your hips like you are going to sit down (but don't sit down on the floor!).
- Massaging your chest area helps in stimulating the muscles in the chest region to keep that part in shape.
- Dancing is also good to keep your body in shape. I personally like to bellydance; so this would be a fun way to accomplish your goal. You don't have to be a great dancer, and you can dance in the privacy of your home or do any of the dance routines commonly done in a gym.
- Another trick that you should try is what we Japanese call as "image training." This is a way to help yourself realize that you are going to get in shape. Try listening to up-beat dance music while doing crunches and so on. Up-beat music may makes you avoid thinking about food, and as you move to the rhythm, you may burn a little more calories. While some women like bellydancing type music, others prefer ballet music for exercise. These are not necessarily bad but most of the girls that I spoke to found fast-paced music to be the best.
Related articles: Weight loss tips from Japan