No matter what you say and feel but there is no denial of the fact that when what pleases your partner and your partner will respect that." Despite this, we continue to hear from both women (in particular) and men that they are frustrated by the lack of intimacy in their relationships. Some of the common problems related to intimacy mentioned more often are:
- "My partner doesn't understand MY needs."
- "S/he is too fast. S/he does not follow my rhythm."
- "My partner lacks imagination. It is the same thing every time we do it and it is not fun. It is like eating potatoes every time you have a meal."
- "My partner thinks of intimacy as penetration. He does not appreciate romance, kisses, hugs, cuddling, etc."
- "Oh my God! My partner looks bad without clothes. I do not want to see him/her what to say of being intimate."
How can couples enhance the quality of intimacy in their relationships?
A relationship is what a couple makes of it. The effort you put into your relationship, the more you get out of it. Spice is always nice in the bedroom and it is cheap. Some couples get bored very easily with the same positions. All it takes is a little imagination, time, and effort. Physical intimacy shouldn't last 15 minutes; it should last hours. The actual act in any case lasts a few minutes and that is why it should be just the final connection between two people. There is so much more that a couple can do before and after it. Here are some tips to improve quality of intimacy for couples:
- Touch is very verbal yet non-verbal. How you touch your partner should tell them how you feel. Even a hug or just cuddling or small kisses can make your partner feel wonderful.
- Women like to feel attractive, and your mate should play off of that in the bedroom to satisfy you. Do not be miser about praise and make it genuine. Remember, don't pressure yourself to do stuff you don't want to do.
- Bedroom is not the only place. There are so many other interesting places where you can be adventurous. As Mary said, "It is far more exciting when we do it in a place where we are afraid of being caught. The feeling is just remarkable compared to doing it in the privacy of your bedroom."
- Let each time be like the first time. It may sound difficult and you might shake your head and say that we are crazy to suggest it, but it is possible. You have to be excited about it like a kid is excited about a new toy, no matter how similar the new toy is to the old toy. Stay young at heart and you will always be excited about intimacy with your partner.
- Use help. Read as much as you can to get new ideas. Check out new websites. Aromatherapy, candles, toys, videos, lingerie, massages - whatever works for you.