- Should men wear thongs? (Related article: Thongs for men)
- Why wear a push up bra?
- Should women wear panties all the time?
- What do you think of men who do not wear any underwear?
- Should men be allowed to wear a woman's underwear? Are these men weird? (Related article: Lingerie for men)
The opinion on this subject is all over the place among our readers but the most extensive work on this subject has been done by freshpair, an online shop for underwear that actually is campaigning to declare a day in the year as National Underwear Day. Here are some findings from their survery:
- 82 percent of women have tried on men's underwear.
- 31 percent of men have slipped into women's lingerie.
- 45 percent of men would like to wear G-strings but never have.
- Married men change their underwear twice as often as single guys.
- 8 out of 10 women wear the wrong size bra.
- 10 percent of men prefer to wear no underwear at all. So do 7 percent of women.
- 31 percent of women prefer to wear thongs, 5 percent of men.
So what do we think about underwear?
- Wear what you (and if you have your partner) like rather than what the so-called rules say. When it comes to underwear, there should be no rules. (Related article: Spice up your marriage with lingerie)
- It is increasingly acceptable to show your underwear; so show it. One, Freshpair.com thinks it is good idea to show your underwear because the "underwear does not get the attention or respect it should." We have learned that a supermarket is asking women to bring their bras to their store (which are they proudly displayed and money for each bra deposited is being donated to increasing awareness about breast cancer). Michael Moore even distributed underwear to young people so that they would go vote in the 2004 presidential election. What a neat way to show your underwear while you vote!
- Pay a little bit more attention to your underwear. Buy something that is exciting to the one who wears and those that are lucky enough to see it. Related article: Role of lingerie for couples