Tanya writes, "I was with my now ex-boyfriend for 20 months and suddenly he went out on a Friday night the weekend that I had my 9-year old daughter, which was fine if he had only told me. The next day he didn't call me at all. I eventually called him later that afternoon. I asked him why he hadn't called me at all that day and he said that he didn't know why. I asked him, well, you must not have thought of me at all today and he said he had. So I asked again why didn't you call, it's not like you to do this often. Again he replied, "I don't know". So I told him he needs to know what he wants and he said, "I don't know what to say". So I said, "You need to know" and I hung up. That next morning he called and invited my daughter and I to breakfast. I said I couldn't because I had a plumber coming to the house and I had to be here. He said, "OK, then I will talk to you later. I called him and invited him to lunch; he joined us for lunch and I acted pissed to him but I was hurt, not mad. The next morning I joined him at his house for coffee. We had an incredible time in bed and everything seemed ok but I felt something was wrong. I left him that morning, went to work and he called me after I got off work. He was in a great mood. Then I brought up again the topic of him going out, and I hung up on him again. He didn't call me back and I didn't hear from him for 2 days after that, until Wednesday night I received an e-mail from him. He was breaking up with me over the Internet which was a slap in my face. His reasoning was he didn't love me as much as I loved him and that he didn't see a future for us. I was so devastated and heartbroken. This was a man I had given my heart and soul to. I truly know that he was my soul mate, I have never loved anyone as much as I love him still. I did and gave everything to him. Not money, but my love and caring for him. I have seen him twice since the break-up because I had to get my things out of his house since we lived together for a while then we broke up and went back together but lived separately. I am trying so hard to move on but it is so hard. But I can't move away from my home because my mom and kids are here and I couldn't leave them. Do you have anything to say that can help me move on?"
Here are a few important points to note:
- It seems that you took the meaning of the word "soulmate" lightly. Yes, you loved him a lot but it seems that he did not. And that is why you were not soulmate which is a mutual relationship. That is what makes it so hard for you to move on. You loved him like you have never loved anything, as you said, and you are just having a hard time accepting that reality.
- A breakup by a man is like rejection. And women are not too good when it comes to handling rejection. Read a series of articles here on how to deal with rejection.
- Yes, Beth in the previous story did move on because she moved out of state and that gave her a fresh start.
- It is not impossible to find happiness after you breakup. Here are more tips on finding happiness after your relationship ends.
Friday, October 29, 2004
No, you are not the only one to have stretch marks. Almost all women, including models, movie stars, and celebrities have stretch marks. (Related article: Stretch marks in teenagers)
What do models do to get rid of stretch marks?
- Something very important to know right away: what you see on television or in magazines is not what is really there. Today's sophisticated technology allows the producers to eliminate any "ugly" parts from a flawless skin on television, that is not how she is in real life.
- If you have stretch marks in a very prominent part of the body and you do not want to go through surgery or laser treatments, then you can apply water-proof makeup to hide it when you have to.
- Similarly you can use a self tanner to hide the stretch marks.
- There are several stretch marks creams that are on the market, e.g., Strivectin-SD, Zenmed stretch mark cream, Trilastin, Striae, Mustela, Decleor, Barmon, and many others. While these creams do show some marginal improvement (particularly if your stretch marks are not too bad), they do not completely remove them as some manufacturers claim. However, there is no harm in trying.
Recommended articles: Natural remedy for removal of stretch marks from Latin America
Thursday, October 28, 2004
- If you can afford it, we suggest that you go for an enhancer bra rather than stuff your bra (but we will discuss more on stuffing later if that is what you want to do). The best quality bras have built-in silicone gel pads and all you need to do is to wear it as you would any other bra. These bras come in many sizes and you can pick one based on whatever cup size you want. These can cost over $100 but the fit and the natural feeling is well worth the investment.
- The next option is to buy the silicone enhancers that cost less than the bra but still will go for about $150. However, you can use them with any regular bra.
- Of course, you can always buy a foam-padded bra that is much less expensive but does not give the profile of silicone gel pads and you can go only one cup size bigger in most cases. Similarly, you can foam pads also separately at any online lingerie store (generally under accessories or model secrets section).
- Finally, if you just want to stuff your bra without spending anything, our experts suggest that the two-bra method. You wear a bra and stuff it with either scarves (if only a slight increase is desired) or with a hand towel (if a large increase in size is desired), and the wear another bra on top to keep everything in place.
Recommended article: How to wear a bra?
- Let us give the object of your desire the benefit of doubt. Since you asked only twice, may be she was indeed busy. The best way to approach this issue is to remind her gently that your invitation for a lunch still stands and you would rather let her pick the day this time so that she can make it.
- Does she dislike you? I do not think there is enough evidence to think so. I see no reason for her to dislike you - after all she is happy to be your teacher. The bigger question is Does she like you and does she like you the way you like her.
- In my opinion, while lunch is a good idea and it will help you understand her as a person better, but it may still not be the way to find out if she is interested in the kind of relationship that you have in mind. The solution to this problem: A step-by-step program for seduction. I say step-by-step because the first step will be if she is a good candidate for your seduction. If not, you can abandon the program at that stage and go back to having her as your language teacher.
Recommended articles: How to approach the woman of your dreams?
By Pierre Coda
Red Sox win - what can we learn
There were not many who doubted the talent in the team. They have consistently played so well that they almost made it to the top but didn't, and that is why the whole thing related to the 'curse'. But what are the lessons about life for us to learn from the remarkable story of Red Sox:
- The power of teams. As one person is rarely, if ever, responsible for the win of the team, one person is similarly not responsible for a loss. It is what the team makes it happen.
- The importance of giving credit to star performers. Not everyone in a team is an equal performer. So while recognizing the overall power of the team, it is important to give what is due to the star performers and it should come from other team members, team leader, fans, and everyone else who is related.
- The power of positive thinking. Never give up hope because when you do, everything comes to a standstill and you rot. And this is true not only as an individual or as a team but also as an external entity. For example, the Red Sox die-hard fans never gave up on them. They never switched loyalty and always gave their support to the team which motivated them even more.
- Life is full of happiness and sorrow. Rare is a case when life is only about happiness or only about sorrow. You will have both. So celebrate when you experience moments of joy and stay optimistic when sorrow comes.
Recommended article: What is the purpose of life?
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
iPod photo - bring your photos with you
So Apple has heard what we all wanted? A way to carry our photos with us wherever we go. The new iPod Photo can carry as many as 25,000 photos. I am not sure that I have that many photos yet despite the fact that my digital camera goes with me everywhere. Oh, don't think that iPod Photo does not include your songs. It does. Actually 15,000 of them. You will have a total memory of 60GB which is way more than most of the computers people have.
Using the slideshow mode, you can actually show the photos to everyone around you or just admire them as you spend some quite time thinking of the loved ones in your life.
It is indeed a little expensive, though but you might need to think a bit but as my friends at MasterCard would say, the experience of watching your loved ones on the screen wherever you go is "priceless."
There is one more reason I like iPod Photo. Those of us who are into blogs and in particular photo blogs will find it to be a handy way to take their pictures with them and be able to upload the pictures to their blog even from an Internet cafe.
The next thing I want Mr. Steve Jobs: an iPod Photo with an integrated digital camera.
By Pierre Coda
Photo courtesy: Apple
As anyone can guess, there is a big difference in regular pantyhose and fishnets. While regular pantyhose is worn with the goal not to invite any special attention to the legs, the intention with fishnet pantyhose is totally opposite: make others notice you. So here are some rules for coordinating your outfit when you wear fishnets, or in other words, when to wear fishnets if you have already decided the overall outfit:
- If you can't show a substantial portion of your legs, there is no reason to wear fishnet. Therefore, if you are going to wear pants, pick something that leaves some leg exposed (e.g. Capri style).
- If you are going to wear a skirt (any length) or shorts, fishnet pantyhose is perfect.
- Fishnet stockings are also commonly used as part of what we call the "bedroom attire". Chances are that you will not be covering your legs in this case so they go well with almost anything that decide to wear (whether it is a baby doll, chemise, bustier, or a teddy).
- Finally, if you just feel like wearing fishnet pantyhose, then just don't worry about coordinating it. You are wearing it for yourself!
Recommended article: Where can I use fishnet stockings?
Tuesday, October 26, 2004
Mini skirt with boots
When picking a style women have to be careful not to commit a faux-pas. That is why if you don't know something, do some research, or better still, ask someone. Liz in Camden, New Jersey, asks, "I have been a big fan of mini-skirts all my life and now I am tempted to wear them with boots. Do they go together well? What do I need to watch out for?"
Well, actually the two go together perfect. This is a classic look among Japanese girls who are known for wearing the shortest possible mini-skirts and tallest boots. In fact, if you don't have the longest or the prettiest legs but still want to wear mini-skirts, boots come to your rescue particularly that cover your knees and almost reach your thighs. Thus, you create a very sexy look without really exposing anything. So your skin will be well protected in the harsh winter of New Jersey but still be able to wear a mini skirt. An excellent example is the model on this page. She is wearing a mini skirt but her boots go way past her knees giving only a glimpse of her leg:
Recommended link: How to wear boots to create a great look?
And before you start laughing and start worrying that you might be labeled a metrosexual (though there is nothing wrong with that since you are more likely to attract women), you can have a manicure and still not think of yourself as feminine. In fact a lot of the things that women do (spa treatments, facials, manicures, pedicures, etc.) are very basic body care practices and should be part of your spa routine.
So what does a manicure do for a man?
- A professional manicurist at a day spa not only cuts your nails but also cleans them thoroughly. It is not easy to cut your own nails and when you let an expert do that for you, you get better results.
- Orly has now introduced a new natural-look nail finish NAIL FOR MALES. Once she applies it on you, your nails will look better and no one would know. This easily concealed nail care product helps protect your nails against damage and drying out. The product has been quite popular so much so that some women are using it - particulary executives who do not want to show off their nail polish. It gives the nails a very natural, buffed look.
- And during the interim period to your next manicure appointment, use a nail cleaner and file to keep the nails in shape. Tweezerman, the best known brand in nail care, has introduced Pedro Ceramic Pocket Nail File & Cleaner specifically for men.
Recommended link: Tips for metrosexuals
First of all congratulations on taking care of the skin, because as we said in a previous article, you are old when your skin is old. Since men like you started to seek information on products designed specifically for men, manufacturers are paying attention and have introduced several high-quality products.
So here is our list of top five products that we like and have been recommending to other men that have asked for our recommendation (We have not included Menscience brand yet here since we have obtained some initial positive feedback but are still waiting to hear from more men before we start recommending it):
Monday, October 25, 2004
So it was interesting to notice the "Reveal it" campaign by Gap Body for their lace balconnet bra. The ad featuring Sarah Jessica Parker goes on to ask "How do you wear it?" And if you have not seen the ad yet, Sarah Jessica Parker is dressed in a low-cut beige blouse that shows off the pink lace balconnet bra.
And she does something else that we have been advising women: wear an accessory like a necklace that draws attention to your front.
So while letting the bra straps show was no longer a big deal, it seems that women are finally realizing that revealing your bra is the next big trend.
Finally, if you want to send us a photo revealing your bra, we will be glad to feature you on our website. Please contact us if you want to send us your photos.
Small cup bras
AA cup bras
Sunday, October 24, 2004
Several readers have written to us asking what their options are now that Merck, the manufacturer of Vioxx, has decided to recall the drug because it basically doubles the risk of heart attacks and strokes in long-term users. (Update: Since writing of this article, complete coverage of Vioxx recall and lawsuits is now available at Vioxx recall blog)
You should read this article if:
- You or a family member/friend has suffered from arthritis.
- You live anywhere in the world, not just the United States, since Vioxx was sold to approximately 80 million people all over the world (though the name used was Ceoxx in some countries) of which 20 millions are Americans.
- If you have suffered from pain and visited a doctor but never bothered to find out what drug was prescribed to you.
What are the next steps for arthritis patients injured by Vioxx?
- Immediately review all the drugs that you are currently taking and stop taking Vioxx right away.
- Set up an appointment with your doctor immediately to make sure that you are not consuming Vioxx at this time and discuss alternatives.
- Since the situation is still very new and fluid, you will need a Vioxx injury attorney to guide you through the process of making sure that your health does not suffer any more and you can claim compensation from the drug manufacturer.
How to find a Vioxx injury attorney?
- Since the case is still new, only a few attorneys are dealing with Vioxx cases. More will be joining soon to help the victims.
- If you do not live in the United States, you still can contact an attorney in the United States since you may be file to case in the US courts even if you do not live in the US as long as you consumed Vioxx. You can also work with a law firm in your country to get further legal advice.
- Check the credentials of the firm by visiting their websites. Many law firms allow you to contact them through their website or by calling a toll-free number to further discuss your options.
Recommended link: Complete coverage of Vioxx recall: news, lawsuits, updates, & advice
Friday, October 22, 2004
Let us look at what Jenny is saying, "I think that your articles on health issues for women have really helped me with my horrible feeling that I have about my saggy chest. Not only it is small, I have stretch marks on them from pregnancy about a year and a half ago, and also, they have sagged pretty badly. Is there anything that I can do about the sagging?"
Maybe Jenny is too late to have firm and perky breasts but this is what we think. The only way to get the perfect shape after childbirth is to have plastic surgery - a procedure called Mastopexy or breast lift. It seems that the sag is pretty bad in Jenny's case. There are a few creams that help with stretch marks and give some firmness but the improvement is very minor. A chest massage is also a great help since it is totally natural way to make the blood flow to the area. Many Hollywood stars practise yoga.
The other alternative is to change your attitude and start feeling good about your body. There are many tips on this website about how to do that and also how to dress the right way.
Breast enhancement options
How to decide about breast augmentation surgery
How to pick the breast implant size
Birth control for obese women
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
I hate my body
This seems to be what many women keep telling themselves all the time. There is nothing worse than that. When you don't like your own body you will never have the self-esteem and confidence as a woman to attract men. So when you will not find a relationship or destroy the one you have, you will get even more miserable. That is a vicious circle and you need to get out of it by seeking help with your self-esteem development.
Below are some comments that we reproducing from the emails that we have received. If you think like any of these women below, please stop doing so.
"I am 28 and have only size AA cups. Over the past 10 years I have become so insecure about my breast size and I hate myself to the a point that I am trying to look for ways to make myself totally 'disappear' from this world. I want to disppear but not be dead beacause I do not even want anyone to look at or touch me after I die!!! And, of course I find it VERY difficult to be in a relationship. I will finds thousands of reasons for not seeing a doctor or doing any annual medical check up because this will require me to take off my shirt! I was driving myself towards a very negative path every day until one day somebody told me that: If you do not love and accept yourself, who else in this world will love you and accept you? So, I started to face my body and am trying my best to accept what GOD gave me. I took off my shirt in front of my physician and discussed with him about my fear and my problem for the first time. And I started a relationship a couple of months ago and it is going well. Frankly, I am not totally out of the problem yet. I still need more time and more support!"
"I am bummed out that my body is not attractive and I have never really climaxed in whole life, no matter what I try."
"I am an A cup, 4'10" and 100 lbs. I don't even feel like doing outdoor stuff with my daughter because of this! It is totally destroying my life. I am consumed with thoughts and images of these "perfect women", and it's hurting all relationships I have. I want you guys to help me, if possible. I am at the end of my rope and have even fallen into a heavy depression over this."
"I have been obssessed with my body lately, don't know what's wrong with me. I have always been confident about myself. I'm thinking about taking birth contol pills, because one of my friends (32 A), has taken the pills and it caused an increase in her size to 32B. I don't know if it will work for me, please help."
"I am 27 years old and have been married for 8 years and have four children. I am very flat and I am so ashamed of my body. My husband says that I am fine but I don't feel that way. I am so jealous of women that have curvaceous bodies and it has hurt my marriage because I accuse my husband of looking at other women. I think it is lack of self esteem that is hurting me."
And what a disappointment she has been! Her boyfriend is obese and eats like a pig (literally!). When we went out, not only did he order a lot of food for himself, he also picked the dishes that are loaded with fat. As soon as they arrived, they suggested we go grocery shopping since they did not want to eat with a dieting couple like us and our refrigerator was loaded with junk food. She has picked really bad eating habits from him and eats what he eats. They often eat from each other's dishes.
Look at her excuses: "He makes me eat", "He is always taking me out", "I have to eat more to give him company", etc. In fact now she tells my wife and I that we look weak and ugly because our faces are not round.
Are you helping your partner or family member with dieting?
- Never force any one to eat what you like to eat, particularly if you like to eat unhealthy food.
- If someone is on a diet, you need to support rather than tempt that person. Most people become obese because they lack self discipline and control.
- If possible, learn from a dieting person and start a diet program yourself.
- And for those of you who blame another person in your life for not letting you be on a diet, grow up. Stop behaving like a kid. Take control of your life and stop blaming others.
Recommended articles: Top ten tips for fast and healthy weight loss
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
How to put false eyelashes?
Selecting the eye lashes: The best collection of eyelashes as you might have guessed is online. And believe it or not, but Amazon.com that you might know for its extensive collection of books, also happens to have the largest collection of false eyelashes. Other websites that carry a huge choice are Prescriptives, Mavala Double Lash, Esolica, and Sephora. You can also purchase them in local beauty stores but the choice is limited. A smaller selection is available in discount stores such as Walmart and Target.
There are a few types of eyelashes:
Hair type: Artificial or natural. The synthetic ones are fine if it only for cosmetic purposes.
Full lashes and individual lashes: The full lashes are the ones your grandma used to use. They are easier to use and convenient, but they may not give you a natural look. The individual artificial lashes are more natural looking. They are used in the exterior corner of the eye and help to create more expressive and sexy eyes.
Color: If you want a natural look, try to use a color similar to your eyelashes with mascara. For dark-skin women, brown and black are the most appropriate. If you want a special look there are many options for eye-lashes.
How to apply them?
What will you need: Eye lashes, glue, tweezers and a toothpick
Generally speaking each package of artificial lashes has its own instructions. Below you will find general instructions and a few makeup artist tips.
Review the length of the lashes, put them close to your natural eyelashes and determine what length is better, and then trim them with scissors.
Clean your face and eyes. Apply your foundation and concealer. Try not to apply any grease on the eyelashes line, because the grease will make it more difficult for the glue to work.
You need to be in front of a mirror, preferably a magnifier mirror. Make sure you have everything you may need handy.
Apply the glue in the places where you want to put the lashes. Use only a little bit; if you need more, you can always put more. If you put too much glue, this maybe visible. Follow the glue instructions; some glues require you to wait a few seconds. Try not to apply the glue directly over your own eyelashes because you may damage them. And of course, be careful not to put glue in your eyes.
Apply the artificial eyelashes directly over your own eyelashes. You may push with the tweezer or the toothpick. Be careful not to pinch your eyes.
If you are using individual eyelashes in the corner of your eye follow the same instruction only in this area.
Apply your eye makeup as usual. Most people do not apply mascara over the artificial eyelashes, but if you wish you may do it.
Makeup artist tips
If you use eyeliner on the eyelid, apply it before you put on the eyelashes, directly on your eyelash line.
If you curve you eyelashes, do it before applying the artificial eyelashes; it is easier that way. If your natural eyelashes are not dark, you may apply mascara before the artificial eyelashes in a color that matches the artificial eyelashes’ color.
Taking them off
If you use waterproof glue, use a special remover for this type of glue. Otherwise, you may use warm water and your regular eye make up remover.
Be careful when you pull the artificial eyelashes off so you do not pull your natural eyelashes too. You may use the tweezers to take them off.
Once you have taken them off, follow the package instructions to store them.
Do not ever sleep with artificial eyelashes because you may damage your eyes or cause infection.
To perfectly apply the artificial eyelashes takes experience and patience. Do not expect perfection the first time. Now you know how the celebrities get those gorgeous lashes and now you can have them too.
Recommended link: More beauty and style tips
There are three extremely important attributes of Japanese culture that everyone should be aware of before getting into a romantic relationship:
- It is extremely important for a Japanese girl to be able to claim that she has a boyfriend. Otherwise, she might end up having a low self-esteem and her friends would think of her as not attractive enough.
- In certain groups of women, it is even fashionable to have a gaijin boyfriend. Thus, Japanese girls will sometimes have relationships with no emotional attachment at all. If they need to be physically intimate to maintain it, they will do that too, without necessarily feeling any love for the man.
- Finally, Japanese people try to cause minimum embarrassment to others and saving face is extremely important. Thus, when the time has come for them to move on, they literally "move on". Going through an emotional drama of crying/hugging/kissing/shouting or a mix of all of these at the time of a breakup, as you might see in a movie, does not happen with Japanese women most of the time.
Wong, a Singaporean currently studying in Australia, had a similar experience with a Japanese girlfriend, Natsuko. He met her at his college and as they started having lunch together, they almost fell in love with each other. He writes, "I never admitted to her but I think I slowly got some feelings for her. I have had several broken relationships that did not work for one reason or other and that is why I was simply not ready to commit to another girl".
While Wong was still struggling with his feelings, Natsuko showed up one day and told him, "I will be going home to Japan now. Thank you for the time we spent together. If you want me to stay I will, but if you don't tell me I will not know." Since Wong was too confused to say anything and wanted some more time, he could not make himself say anything but realized later on that she had this conversation with him minutes before leaving. Before Wong could get back to her, she was gone, with no contact information. As nice as Japanese people are, Natsuko did leave a jar of handmade stars for Wong as a gift. Wong writes, "It was really sad that even before I could decide to keep her here in Australia, she went back to Japan. I was very sad and I am still sad and lonely without her. As I was the only person in the college who was closest to her, I couldn't get her contact details from anyone. The only thing that remind me of her are the stars . Pictures of her were not taken, as we didn't go anywhere special that needed a camera. But one thing is for sure. The stars are there for me to remember her. And I also gave her a necklace. I know that necklace would help her remember me too." Wong is still interested in meeting Natsuko and he informs us that "If one day she sees this article she may find a way to contact me or I could contact her again."
Another MYNIPPON member Joe fell in love with a Japanese girl Etsuko who actually was ready to marry him. During the course of their romance, she got an opportunity to attend coaching classes at a school in Tokyo so that she could try to enter Tokyo University. Joe encouraged her to move to Tokyo despite the fact that they would not be able to see each other often since he himself was planning to move there in an year and he wanted her to succeed in her career. Once she moved to Tokyo, she called him once and even came to see him once. She promised to call him back as soon as she got her phone hooked up. He informs us, "I never heard from her again. I did have her number at her parent's home but I did not think it was appropriate for me to call them and ask for her number. If she did not want to call me, I could not impose myself on her. After 12 years, I still do not know what went wrong. I wish she had just told me something or given me a chance to make amends."
Japanese people seem determined to keep the gaijins out of their lives. The word means 'the outside people' and at every point, the Japanese will make it harder for the foreigners to integrate into the Japanese mainstream life. In Japan, almost all the important things are never said. It is not just the language (which lets readers and listeners draw as many conclusions as they want), it is the whole Japanese psyche that revels in ambiguity. The foreigners constantly stumble in Japan because they are so used to clear thoughts and words and what is not said is not heard.
Warren from Canada had an awful experience dating a Japanese woman there who lied to him about her problems and did not disclose that she was married and had a kid. He writes his sob story to us, "I should have learned more about Japanese culture before I got involved with her but now I know. Gaijins who want to get involved with a Japanese girl, should be really careful and learn more about the culture before getting involved with one. I still like Japanese women and if I meet a good one then I will be really careful and ask such information right in the beginning. Anyway be careful, they can be heartless!" Is there no hope?
We always recommend that foreigners should treat their romance with Japan as an adventure and everyone's experience may be different. Of course, a better understanding of culture and language is always helpful and can definitely make one's life easier than someone who is not culturally sensitive and wants the Japanese to change instead. Incidentally, there is a group of women that likes foreign men and if one speaks the Japanese language then that group is even wider. There are also a lot of decent Japanese people who are trying to better understand the foreigners. Thus one might feel lonely once in a while especially in a remote area but overall most foreigners in Japan will have a very rich experience enjoying this novel culture in a safe society.
Recommended articles: How to find a Japanese girlfriend?
Monday, October 18, 2004
Stretch marks are not something that happens to only mature women after pregnancy or after rapid weight loss. Stretch marks also appear on the bodies of teenagers (mostly girls, but some boys too). They are a part of growing up. Since the body grows fairly rapidly during teenage years, the skin is pulled by stretching. At this age the skin is quite flexible but not the connective tissue that lies beneath which gets disrupted. And that is when you see scars more commonly known as stretch marks. (Related link: Growth issues for teenage girls)
What can you do to reduce or eliminate stretch marks during teenage years?
- Very little really. So if you just want to ignore them and enjoy your teenage years having fun, then stop reading further. Most stretch marks will simply go away if you maintain a healthy weight, eat right, and exercise regularly.
- A healthy option is to hide your stretch marks so that you can do what some girls are afraid of doing, e.g. wearing a swimsuit or any other revealing outfit including lingerie. These days you can buy swimsuits that come with a "boy short" and a high-neck or one piece swimsuits. Similar choices are available for lingerie.
- Body makeup and sunless tanning treatments can also help you cover up the stretch marks so that you can wear your favorite outfit and not worry about showing off your stretch marks.
- There are no effective treatments as such for eliminating stretch marks despite the fact that many creams and lotions are available. You can use one of these creams (e.g. Trilastin, Zenmed, Kinerase, Strivectin, etc.) but don't expect miraculous results and don't spend a fortune.
- If you believe in simple, natural treatments then you might want to apply avocado oil.
- Finally, a plastic surgeon or dermatologist (skin doctor) may use a variety of treatments like microdermabrasion or laser but we do not think that it is a good idea to have these during the teenage years unless you are a model or a Hollywood movie star.
Sunday, October 17, 2004
Halloween costume idea - doctor and patient
So how about dressing up as a doctor and his patient who has just received some enhancements in all the important body parts.
Doctor's costume for a man
- While you can choose a white shirt and white slacks it is not a bad idea to go for the operation room outfit or a doctor's scrub. These are quite inexpensive and you can purchase them on many online shopping websites.
- We strongly recommend a stethoscope (a fake one, that is). The costume is incomplete without it.
- While not necessary, not a bad idea to don a cap as well.
- And don't forget the attitude. Remember that you are not a regular doctor. You are a plastic surgeon with an attitude - someone who makes the women feel good about their bodies, after the surgery, that is.
Patient's costume for a woman
- The situation is a post-surgery visit by the patient after the plastic surgery is over.
- Dress provocatively since you want to show your newly acquired or enhanced assets.
- Wear a pushup bra with a low-cut blouse that fits you really tight. A halter top will be even better. We also suggest that the blouse/top has a zipper or buttons right in the front so if someone wants to check what the plastic surgeon did for you, it will only take a second for you to show.
- A mini-skirt, preferably leather. You can use a padded panty to show off the large butt.
- Thigh-high boots will suit the look.
Recommended link: Halloween party for a couple
Friday, October 15, 2004
Unfortunately it is not always possible to do what you want, particularly when it comes to spending money. If you don't earn your own money, chances are that you rely on your parents and then they can dictate how that money is spent. Especially when it comes to clothes. Most parents will not ask a second question when you want to buy a textbook but tell them that you need a few dollars to go buy a cute thong, in some cases the world comes to an end.
This is what is happening to Reanne. She writes, "My mother won't allow me to wear t-backs (thongs) but I really want to wear them because I know they are the "in thing" and most of my friends wear them too and their parents let them buy and use them. How do I convince my mother to let me wear thongs?"
There are several reasons why Reanne's mother and mothers of many other girls out there do not allow their daughters to wear thongs despite the fact that thongs are so hot these days (Related article: Bejeweled thongs):
- Since they have probably used them or heard about it, there is general impression that thongs are uncomfortable (this is no longer true since many designs are actually very comfortable and many women get hooked to thongs once they try them).
- Thongs have been traditionally associated with bad girls (same as fishnet stockings or see through lingerie).
- Teenage girls should not wear anything that will send the 'wrong' message to guys who might see a girl wearing a thong as one who is 'easy'.
So what can you do to convince your mother to let you wear a thong?
- Start begging her. Nothing works better than literally pleading to your parents. Eventually they relent.
- Go to the lingerie store with her but point to something that is not one of those thongs that has literally no fabric at all (wait till you can go shop for that on your own when your mother is no longer watching your underwear). There are more conservative thong designs to start off.
- Tell your mother to buy one for herself too and then hopefully she will realize that it is not such a big deal after all . She might even like them! (Related article: Underwear choices; wear what you like)
- Just take your panties and convert them into thongs at home. She would never know!
Recommended link: Tbacks or thongs are in fashion
Thursday, October 14, 2004
- Exercise regularly.
- Consume only as many calories as you need for the lifestyle that you have.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Keep smiling.
Modern science has no other treatments available for losing weight - not even Meridia. So if someone is trying to sell you a pill (that you can just pop and eat all the greasy food that you want) or a belt (that you just wear) or anything else, they are basically after your money and want to simply screw you because they think that you are a moron and they can easily get your money.
Weight loss and getting a great body actually cost nothing. In fact you save money because you are spending less on food. You don't have to even join a gym if you can simply work in your yard or in your neighbor's yard if you don't have one. Just do some physical labor and you will see the results. (Related article: Lose weight by cutting calories)
In a related question Minoo is asking if massage is an option for slimming. Yes, of course. But if all you do is to get a massage and hope that you will become a drop-dead gorgeous beauty, then you are dreaming. As you work out, eat right, and develop a healthier lifestyle, you will benefit from a massage too, but massage alone will not do much.
Recommended articles: Top ten tips for fast and healthy weight loss
Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Let us read what Stephanie writes, "I am unfortunately a woman who has a difficult shape to fit and look enticing to males, particularly my boyfriend. I wear a 32A bra which still leaves the ridges of the cup of the bra poking through my shirt but I can't find any smaller cup bras. Also my shoulders are bony and my collar bone pokes through (when I gain weight, gravity hits and NEVER goes above my waist). My waist is average but my butt and thighs are thick and so I look like a fork. Lingerie doesn't look good on me because the cups never fit and if I get an extra small for my top, then it isn't long enough or big enough on the bottom, causing me to feel ridiculous and funny. I can't find any lingerie to make me feel sexy. Please give guidance."
As many of our fans know we have been trying to address the issue of small size bras. (Related link: Where to shop for A and AA cup lingerie?) And yes, with the help of some readers, we did come up with some places to shop for small cup bras.
But let us analyze what will be an appropriate outfit for Stephanie to seduce her boyfriend. Since she does not think that her top is something to show off, what we suggest is that she de-emphasize it by not wearing a lingerie item with a very tight fit. The trick: use something that is sheer or mesh or fishnet but loose. For the bottom, we suggest that she go with pants or a skirt - something that covers it well. Based on this logic, here are a few suggestions for women like Stephanie:
- Halter Top/Skirt (lace or silk; can be sheer)
- Long robe or kimono worn with a thong
- Embroidered or sheer pajamas with a sheer, loose fitting top
- Ruffle Trim Camisole/Long Pants
- Silk Chiffon Nightshirt
Recommended link: Seducing men through lingerie
Cristina, one of our readers, seems to clearly appreciate the gravity of a marriage and what a great responsibility it is. She is only 19 and is about to be engaged to someone who is only 20. Too young to be married? Probably, if you use conventional metrics. But it also depends on the maturity level of the person, she says. "We are both independent people but believe that marriage is our next step after two and a half years together. We are both very mature for our age and have been told that by many, including counselors and other adults. We see ourselves as very prestigious people looking toward the future at certain set goals. Our goals are very similar. We are not exactly alike, but cherish each other's differences. Our personalities blend very well. At first communication was sloppy, but after a few obstacles we have learned how to resolve problems without causing conflict. Our family members have married at the age that we are and are very happy with the usual obstacles that must be faced. After much deep thinking on whether or not we will be able to survive financially and emotionally, we have decided that marriage is a good way to go. We are both ready, we both know what we want from life, are paying a whole lot of money to go to school so we can be successful in an already decided field, and have the same plans for the future especially when it comes to children. Once again, if a teenage couple or even early 20's couple does not yet know who they are or what they want from life, they should wait a few more years and work on getting to know themselves and everything else." (Related article: Expert opinion on right age to marry)
This is the right attitude, in our opinion. Is it likely that Cristina and her boyfriend might screw up? Of course. But so can couples who are much older than them. What is important is that a couple appreciates the responsibility and challenges of marriage and makes a serious commitment to make it work. Cristina and her boyfriend are already thinking about these things in a very objective and honest manner and that might be the main reason for the success of their marriage.
Libido difference among couples
Couples with large age gaps
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Women are increasingly demanding that men become the givers too if they want to get the best from the relationship. In other words: women want "oral care" from men. According to MYNIPPON research, men are responding. Three out of five men in our survey were open to the idea though they complained that the subject did not come up as often as they had expected. But it seems to have come up for Mike, who wants to be a good husband and asks, "How can I do it well?"
Each man (and then eventually a couple) develops his own style but here are a few things to keep in mind.
Seven principles to orally please a woman
- If you don't like to do it with the spirit that this is the best thing in the world, then just don't do it.
- Use your lips and tongue generously.
- Focus your attention on what you are doing rather than what lies ahead for you.
- Let this be her moment. Expect nothing in return (though if it happens, then enjoy it).
- Explore the body. You will find the pleasure zones yourself because you will notice the change in her response.
- Keep trying it till you both find your harmony.
- Take breaks if you have to. It is perfectly normal to lose your breath. Drink a sip of wine or water and resume. You can also alternate between hands and lips.
Friday, October 08, 2004
- Should men wear thongs? (Related article: Thongs for men)
- Why wear a push up bra?
- Should women wear panties all the time?
- What do you think of men who do not wear any underwear?
- Should men be allowed to wear a woman's underwear? Are these men weird? (Related article: Lingerie for men)
The opinion on this subject is all over the place among our readers but the most extensive work on this subject has been done by freshpair, an online shop for underwear that actually is campaigning to declare a day in the year as National Underwear Day. Here are some findings from their survery:
- 82 percent of women have tried on men's underwear.
- 31 percent of men have slipped into women's lingerie.
- 45 percent of men would like to wear G-strings but never have.
- Married men change their underwear twice as often as single guys.
- 8 out of 10 women wear the wrong size bra.
- 10 percent of men prefer to wear no underwear at all. So do 7 percent of women.
- 31 percent of women prefer to wear thongs, 5 percent of men.
So what do we think about underwear?
- Wear what you (and if you have your partner) like rather than what the so-called rules say. When it comes to underwear, there should be no rules. (Related article: Spice up your marriage with lingerie)
- It is increasingly acceptable to show your underwear; so show it. One, Freshpair.com thinks it is good idea to show your underwear because the "underwear does not get the attention or respect it should." We have learned that a supermarket is asking women to bring their bras to their store (which are they proudly displayed and money for each bra deposited is being donated to increasing awareness about breast cancer). Michael Moore even distributed underwear to young people so that they would go vote in the 2004 presidential election. What a neat way to show your underwear while you vote!
- Pay a little bit more attention to your underwear. Buy something that is exciting to the one who wears and those that are lucky enough to see it. Related article: Role of lingerie for couples
While losing weight is such a great feeling and makes you look so much better (along with the sense of accomplishment that a woman feels), there is one nasty outcome: loss of weight from parts of the body that you do not want to lose. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the body to lose weight in some parts but not in other (something that is often referred to as "spot reduction", which by the way, is not possible and if someone tells you this they are trying to cheat you). Related article: Weight loss in certain parts of the body; how to firm it?
So that is the problem that our reader Harpreet Kaur from India has. She has lost over 26 lbs (12 kg) but also where she never wanted it. She says, "When I told this to my future life partner, he is not ready to accept me. Please give me some good remedy."
Oh, we wish there were a magic pill that we could zip to Harpreet in India. But here are a few things that you can do:
- Read our article on how to make your body "look firm" when your body is no longer firm.
- While exercising is not going to give you a teenager's body, it will definitely firm up your muscles giving you a more youthful look.
- As is always the case, when women lose weight they always have excess skin (our bodies are just not elastic enough; when fat is gone, the skin does not revert to its original form - hence, the saggy look). For this, you will need plastic surgery.
Let us read what Anita, a 22-year old woman from India is asking. "Sometimes I have dry and at other times I feel I have oily skin. And then acne often appears on my face. I drink a lot of water each day to stay hydrated but I am not sure if my skin is in good shape. Please suggest me something so that I can keep my skin beautiful."
Good apporach, Anita. Particularly because in India where temperatures can often cross 100F, it is a good idea to keep your skin hydrated by drinking water. But it also seems that you might actually have combination skin. Have you done a test to find out what type of skin you have? So first thing that you might want to do is to pick your skincare regimen by your skin type. If this chart does not tell you all, here are a few tests to identify your skin type.
Since we suspect that you might actually have combination skin, you must make sure that you take care of it accordingly. Recommended link: How to take care of combination skin?
And acne is a whole different animal. Here are more tips for taking care of adult acne.
And yes, keep drinking water, stay away from too warm temperatures, and eat healthy.
Thursday, October 07, 2004
Men have to find out on their own what women want
How to improve communication between a couple so that they know what each other wants
If you don't satisfy her (because you don't know what she wants) someone else will
Let us also take a look at what Jen is telling us. In summary, what she says is that women are always drawn to men that confident and charming. Read her comments below:
"I'm considered by majority of people I meet to be attractive, model attractive, although I've no interest in it. I've had my run of various men. And the older I get (now my mid-thirties, oh gosh!) I dwell less on looks and more on substance. A man with confidence is a must! And I hate to admit it...but I do want a man who appreciates and adores me. Not one that is a yes man, constantly praising me, but one who subtley shows that he cares. Case in point, recently met a man who although would never have registered on my "attractive male" radar has turned out to be someone I am really drawn to. He is confident. A world traveler. He seems to have a good grasp on what he wants out of life and goes for it. He seems kind and really appreciates me. He is definitely not what one would consider conventionally or traditionally attractive, but he has it going on. Its a shame many women overlook a not-so-attractive guy without getting to know him. Your advice to the men is well said. I hope they follow, beause if they do I know they will get what they want. If not at first or second, but eventually."
Recommended article: So what do women really want?
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
The point to note is that satellite radios are not just for listening to Howard Stern. In fact you can literally listen to every type of station that you want on your satellite radio, plus more, and all of them are commercial-free.
While Sirius is the company to pick if you are fan of Stern; if not, you have a choice. The other company is XM Radio. So compare the features and then pick the service based on what works best for you.
Tuesday, October 05, 2004
We are pleased to announce the launch of the English version of our sister website Lindisima.com, the most successful website in the eCreativa network of websites. As many of you know, the Spanish version of Lindisima.com attracts over 10,000 visitors a day, from many countries, particularly Mexico, United States, Spain, and other countries in Latin America.
The website was always published in Spanish but there are millions of women that trace their roots to Hispanic and Latin culture but either do not understand Spanish very well or also prefer to read English language publications but targeted to them. Afer market research over a 6-month period we were able to confirm that what our readers were telling us was right: Latinas in the US need a portal that talks to them.
So please check out Lindisima.com: Latinas on the Internet
Sunday, October 03, 2004
NOTE: Be sure you paste live links for the Path List below.
There are by some estimates more than a million weblogs. But most of them get no visibility in search engines. Only a few "A-List" blogs get into the top search engine results for a given topic, while the majority of blogs just don't get noticed. The reason is that the smaller blogs don't have enough links pointing to them. But this posting could solve that. Let's help the smaller blogs get more visibility!
This posting is GoMeme 4.0. It is part of an experiment to see if we can create a blog posting that helps 1000's of blogs get higher rankings in Google. So far we have tried 3 earlier variations. Our first test, GoMeme 1.0, spread to nearly 740 blogs in 2.5 days. This new version 4.0 is shorter, simpler, and fits more easily into your blog.
Why are we doing this? We want to help thousands of blogs get more visibility in Google and other search engines. How does it work? Just follow the instructions below to re-post this meme in your blog and add your URL to the end of the Path List below. As the meme spreads onwards from your blog, so will your URL. Later, when your blog is indexed by search engines, they will see the links pointing to your blog from all the downstream blogs that got this via you, which will cause them to rank your blog higher in search results. Everyone in the Path List below benefits in a similar way as this meme spreads. Try it!
Instructions: Just copy this entire post and paste it into your blog. Then add your URL to the end of the path list below, and pass it on!
1. Minding the Planet
2. Wireless LAN
3. Writing Resources
5. Stock Quotes Stock Trading Stock Help
6. Christmas All Year
7. Quotes from Famous People
8. Recipes at World Famous Recipes
9. Jobs and Employment
11. Jokes and Humor
12. 480 Area Code Guide
13. Phoenix Arizona East Valley Community Index
14. HTTP in Phoenix AZ
15. Daily Bible Verse
16. Love Poems
18. World Famous Recipes
19. Recipes Recipe
20. Members Space
21. Search Engines - World Search News
22. Home Improvement and Home Remodeling Ideas and Tips
23. Famous Quotes And Famous Sayings Network Weblog
24. Life Story Writing
25. Links Page Link Exchange Manager Site
26. Random Ramblings and Links
27. Personal Finance and Financial Planning
28. Juicy Stuff
29. LuvCube Hollywood Relationships
30. (your URL goes here! But first, please copy this line and move it down to the next line for the next person).
NOTE: Be sure you paste live links for the Path List or use HTML code.