How to take care of dry skin?
- The first thing to do is to drink a lot of water. We often forget to drink water during winter because it is not so hot and we don't sweat. But drinking water is key to maintaining healthy skin since we lose water from the skin. Drink as much as you can but a minimum of eight glasses a day.
- Use a room humidifier. You can buy some very high quality humidifiers that are very quiet. If you can not afford to buy one, simply keep a pot of water in the room in a large bowl.
- Use a moisturizer without mineral oil to use on the face. While any brand is good but read the label carefully. If it has mineral oil, do not buy it. Neutrogena has a good moisturizer.
- Once a week you should use a body exfoliant on your whole body. (Related article: Facial treatment at home)
- Make ample use of body lotion. Target is selling a 100% shea butter lotion that is really good. Take fewer/shorter showers and apply the body lotion immediately after the shower. (Related article: Soaps for dry skin)
- You can also apply pure almond oil in place of the body lotion. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil since almond oil does not smell too good.
- Finally, cover your skin well.
Saturday, February 12, 2005
- Start with exfoliating your lips. Be gentle. You can use a natural loofah, sea sponge or a light brush. This will eliminate all dead cells and the skin will look smoother.
- Brush your teeth.
- Apply a cream over the lips so they do not absorb the lipstick. Wait a few minutes.
- Apply the lip liner. This has to be very similar to the lip color you are using or close to the color of your lips. Apply all over the lip. There should be only one continuous line all over your lips without any uncovered areas.
- Apply the lipstick any way you like with a brush or directly from the container.
- Move your lips hugging each other to distribute the lipstick.
- Put the tissue between the lips and press your lip to eliminate excess.
- Reapply the lipstick.
- Put a tissue paper over your lips (closed mouth) and with your finger press it on the lips. This will set the lipstick and make it last longer.
- Apply lip-gloss, if you like, on the center of your lips.
- Smile and show your diva attitude. You are ready to flirt.
Recommended article: How to get smoky eyes?
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
It is very natural to expect that when couples get bogged down with jobs/kids/bills, their private life takes a hit. It should not happen that way, but for vast majority of people that is what happens. (Related article: How to save your marriage?)
Let us read what Lavonne is going through. She tells us, "My fiance recently went out of town for two weeks on business. When he left we were having a few problems. I decided to look at the big picture and myself. I had changed a lot. I wasn't the romantic, sexy woman he had fallen in love with. Our bedroom was full of books from school and my nightwear had gone from sexy to slumpy. So while he was gone, I gave our bedroom a makeover, as well as myself. I chose a dark Burgundy color with accents of gold, dark wood, and a big plush area rug. I added soft lights, candles, and of course, bought some new lingerie. I must admit, everything looks and feels great! I even bought some new music and a new video." Lavonne later wrote back to say that the scene was reminiscent of what you would see on a makeover program like The Swan or Queer Eye for the Straight Girl. "He was simply shocked, to say the least, but after that it was like the old times again," she tells MYNIPPON.
Alicia, a woman in her thirties, says that the realization happened to her when she was told by a friend that, "You can't feel sexy if you are dressed sloppy." Such simple advice, but so true. If you are dressed in a long T-shirt, forget about feeling sexy or making your partner feel that way about you. Put on some sheer lingerie and not only will you feel different, so will your partner. And when you create the right ambiance by doing a bedroom makevoer and adding candles and music, the effect is remarkable.
On a final note, if there are deeper issues with your relationship, some of these things will definitely help, but you need to deal with those as well.
Tips to heat up things in the bedroom
- If you can not afford to spend even a dollar, at least clean it up thoroughly. It is not a storeroom; neither a place for dirty laundry.
- If you can spend something, decorate it tastefully as Lavonne did. Use your imagination but the ultimate goal is to make it an inviting place.
- Many men and women think that because they are going to sleep and no one will see them, it is a good time to use old T shirts or buy something cheap. They try to spend more on what they would wear outside the home. Wrong approach! While you must good look outside, you have to look even better when you are in front of your lover. We personally recommend that whether you sleep alone or with someone, you need to dress the same way so that it becomes part of your personality and style. (Related article: Lingerie for wife)
- Finally, use whatever help you can get from music, videos, aphrodisiac, pheromones, or anything else to make it exciting.
Recommended article: How to please men?